Michael Lazin on 14 Mar 2013 11:39:03 -0700

[PLUG] finding joomla version at the command line

I like to check what version of a cms a user is using sometimes.  With wordpress it's easy, you can do "find -name version.php | xargs grep wp_version" and it will spit out the version name and the path.  I'm trying to do the same with Joomla, I've tried some variations on this with both grep and egrep with no success.  The same name file tells the Joomla version, version.php, but the release information is in two different fields, like so:

        var $RELEASE    = '1.5';
        /** @var string Development Status */
        var $DEV_STATUS = 'Stable';
        /** @var int Sub Release Level */
        var $DEV_LEVEL  = '26';
        /** @var int build Number */
        var $BUILD      = '';

Can any one think of a clever variation of my first command that will show both $RELEASE $DEV_LEVEL using a similar variation of egrep or grep?  For some reason I just can't get it right now.

--
Michael Lazin

to gar auto estin noein te kai ennai