Amul Shah on 14 Mar 2013 05:28:17 -0700

[PLUG] MythTV Frontend was playing videos dark because of Night Mode

Fellow MythTV users, my wife turned on the MythTV Frontend and it appeared to her that all the new recordings were all dark. We're talking super duper dark here. Any dark scene had a mostly black picture. I initially tugged the HDMI connections and rebooted the machine. I searched online, but found NOTHING!

I tried my last option, drop into the menu system (press m) while the video was playing. Apparently, there is a NIGHT MODE! Turned that off and all was right in this world again.

I wrote this email so that someone else with the same problem has a chance of finding this.

thanks,
Amul