Sam Gleske on 9 Apr 2013 21:44:55 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Useful distro-specific utilities that shouldn't be distro-specific

I found fpaste to be a great utility (which is primarily in Fedora).  Better than most cli pastebin utilities.  I liked it so much that I uploaded it to my github page so that I can use it on Ubuntu (yes, I know about pastebinit) and other distros.

A highly useful function of fpaste is
> fpaste --sysinfo

It provides a nice summary of normal information when diagnosing a system or reaching out for help.  Here's a copy of it for your purposes; it is highly portable for other distros since it is written in Python.
https://github.com/sag47/drexel-university/blob/master/bin/fpaste

I liked it so much that I ported to work with lodgeit (https://bitbucket.org/EnTeQuAk/lodgeit-main) which is a personal pastebin.  Here's that utility called dpaste.
https://github.com/sag47/lodgeit/blob/master/scripts/dpaste

I will commit that to the upstream when I'm finally done working with it.