Frank Szczerba on 16 Apr 2013 11:38:11 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Daemonized IRC Client

I used to use http://ircproxy.sourceforge.net quite extensively.

On Apr 16, 2013, at 1:30 PM, Will <staticphantom@gmail.com> wrote:

I know some people love to use and abuse weechat.

-Will C

On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 1:27 PM, Kyle Yankanich <kyleyankanich@gmail.com> wrote:
I use ZNC. It's a bouncer, which means it connects to IRC server such as Freenode, Snoonet, etc for me, and runs as a daemon. Then I can connect to my personal server with any IRC client, Andchat, irssi, etc and it will pass me through to the real IRC network. It works greats because I can keep multiple connections open, so my phone, desktop and laptop are all logged into the same channels under one nick. I additionally run a irssi+screen session connected to my ZNC, purely out of convenience for hopping between laptops/computers.

-Kyle Yankanich
http://hive76.org