Casey Bralla on 12 May 2013 15:26:58 -0700

[PLUG] Looking for System Info Script

I'm looking for a good cross-distro script that will list critical hardware
and system info for my multiple linux systems.

I want to combine "hwinfo --short" with some type of printout showing which
distro is being used, and some critical parameters such as the kernel, etc.
(This means it hs to understand Debian and Gentoo in my case, but ideally
would be usable on any major distro)

I could make my own, but I figured somebody already came up with such a beast.

Anybody got one?
--

Casey Bralla

Chief Nerd in Residence