Austin Murphy on 13 May 2013 07:17:47 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Looking for System Info Script

On Sun, May 12, 2013 at 6:26 PM, Casey Bralla <MailList@nerdworld.org> wrote:
I'm looking for a good cross-distro script that will list critical hardware
and system info for my multiple linux systems.

I want to combine "hwinfo --short" with some type of printout showing which
distro is being used, and some critical parameters such as the kernel, etc.
(This means it hs to understand Debian and Gentoo in my case, but ideally
would be usable on any major distro)

I could make my own, but I figured somebody already came up with such a beast.

Anybody got one?

Hi Casey,

I wrote some scripts that gather "Key info" from my servers and format it for my wiki.

  https://github.com/AustinMurphy/Server-info

I find this tool useful, but you would probably need to play with it a bit to make it work for you. That said, I'm definitely interested in any improvements you want to share.

Compared to OHAI, it seems that the advantages are:
- doesn't require ruby on everything
- formats for wiki docs

Austin