Russ Thompson on 13 May 2013 09:09:06 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Looking for System Info Script

All of this information is easily available, no need for python or ruby.

This provide's some general statistics about the core of the system, IO requests, connections, failed attempts.  All bash.

https://github.com/vigeek/linfo/blob/master/sysinfo.sh

In my scripts I prefer to detect the OS first, checking /etc/issue is a good place to start or dist specific locations i.e /etc/redhat-release and /etc/debian_version etc.  Any tool you're using including hwinfo is just pulling data from /proc /sys and so on, all of that data is available, you would just need to pull specifically what you need from it.  I can't think if of a specific script that get's everything you want, but it should take no longer than 10-15 minutes to throw together in bash.

- Russ