Scott Budihas on 13 May 2013 08:22:53 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Moving user accounts - update

Eric,
Previously Ubuntu set the first user generated as a member of the 'admin' group which was given sudo permissions. Now the equivalent group is the 'sudo' group. From your recovery or live CD try to add the user to the sudo group and see if that gives you "root" access.

Scott