Douglas Muth on 21 May 2013 17:01:54 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Strange linux desktop problem

On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 7:15 PM, Adam Zion <azion1995@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Did your desktop folder get symlinked to $HOME?
>
> Can't see how it would; how would I check, though?

You'd want to use the "ls" command on the command line.  (I have no
idea how one would go about checking this from a GUI.)

If the command line is completely foreign to you, I'd recommend
grabbing a copy of the book "UNIX For Dummies".  I myself read it many
years ago when I was just starting to learn Linux:

http://www.amazon.com/UNIX-For-Dummies-John-Levine/dp/0764541471

-- Doug