Rachel Rawlings on 28 May 2013 11:43:43 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Some Fosscon talk options: The Open Source side of... OpenStack, Continuous Integration or Systems Administration

I'll second Ed, with hope of a deployment use case.

On May 28, 2013 2:23 PM, "Ed Roper" <ed.roper@golevelone.com> wrote:
A combo of 1 & 2 would be pretty awesome.

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-bounces@lists.phillylinux.org [mailto:plug-bounces@lists.phillylinux.org] On Behalf Of Elizabeth Krumbach Joseph
Sent: Tuesday, May 28, 2013 2:21 PM
To: Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List
Subject: [PLUG] Some Fosscon talk options: The Open Source side of... OpenStack, Continuous Integration or Systems Administration

Hi everyone,

I'll be coming into town for Fosscon[0] on August 10th and I gave a few talk proposals which Jonathan suggested I put to you fine folks to gauge interest of:

1. Introduction to OpenStack - Pretty vanilla OpenStack.org project presentation, what it is, what it's for, live demonstration of DevStack

2. Open Source Continuous Integration - Details about the framework and open source tools used for the public code review+testing that is done for the OpenStack, it can be (and has been!) adopted for other projects/companies since it's all open source, some details at http://ci.openstack.org/ (this is what I work on, really cool stuff!)

3. Being an Open Source Sysadmin - Using open source tools (including aforementioned public code review + testing tools) to work in a open sysadmin environment, ie - every file I add and all my puppet patches go through public review, all python scripts and puppet config files go through syntax checking upon commit-for-review (this is *how* I do my work, it's very cool tool!)

None of these require any prior knowledge of OpenStack since the first option is an intro and in the other two the technology described is really on the sysadmin side and can be used anywhere, I just happen to support the OpenStack project with it. My personal preference is for 2 or 3, as there are many people who can give Intro to OpenStack presentations, there are only a handful of us on the project infrastructure team :)

So, preferences? If you don't have specific feedback to share on-list, I set up a form to just select an option:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1qk6nU4EXXOjhSn8NsovpxCVlMRLXzfsLzWOIsIJ164w/viewform

Thanks!

[0] http://fosscon.org/

--