Douglas Muth on 14 Jun 2013 10:54:06 -0700

Re: [PLUG] wget options to retrieve file from github

On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 9:23 AM, Carl Johnson
<cjohnson19791979@gmail.com> wrote:
> would something like this apply to pulling binaries from git too? say if i
> wanted to get some udev fimware for example.
>
> http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/firmware/linux-firmware.git/tree/bnx2/bnx2-mips-09-6.2.1b.fw
>
> how would i go about using wget/curl/etc.. to pull it down without turning
> it into HTML? is there a way to do it without git-clone?

What do you mean by "without turning it into HTML"?  wget and curl are
pretty content (and content-type) agnostic.  They don't care what
you're downloading.  Can you give me an example?

-- Doug