Rich Freeman on 18 Jun 2013 07:08:58 -0700

Re: [PLUG] PLUG West - Monday June 17, 2013 - Linux Filesystems and Benchmarking, presented by K.S. Bhaskar (7pm at FIS in Malvern)

On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 9:46 AM, Russ Thompson <vigornj@gmail.com> wrote:
> For your testing, what IO elevator was used and were any /proc settings
> tuned? Or is this strictly defaults vs defaults?

Defaults vs defaults.  Before I moved to ext3 it was on the same
filesystem as most of the rest of my system (everything but root, bin,
lib, basically).

> Ext4 really shines after some tuning (mainly with SSD's).

This is on rotating disks, so I'm not sure how much difference it
would have made in light of that.

Certainly I can believe that tuning would help.  I didn't stumble on
any docs for tuning ext4 for mysql, but I didn't look for them either.

Rich