Chad Waters on 27 Jun 2013 10:25:38 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Ubuntu Debian updates/ rebooting question

The Ubuntu Security Announce list details what requires a reboot:

kernel:
http://www.ubuntu.com/usn/usn-1878-1/

dbus:
http://www.ubuntu.com/usn/usn-1874-1/

Its should be more than what requires a reboot though: what package upgrades are going to affect the applications and services that run on a specific machine? I don't think you can script that.

These packages might be of interest:
apt-listchanges
apt-listbugs (I think this is in the ubuntu repos(?), I'm a more of a Debian user)