Michael Lazin on 27 Jun 2013 11:29:28 -0700

[PLUG] Accessing databases in rescue mode

Recently I have been quite often faced with the task of locking rooted servers in linux rescue mode, much to the dismay of said server customers.  The linux rescue system is a live system, it's debian, it allows you to ssh in with the password to the rescue system, mount the filesystem, and back up your files via scp.  I am often asked how to get the databases by the customers, and I don't know the answer.  I know where Plesk puts the dumps, but often these are customers who have never backed up anything ever nor have they ever updated things ever.  For my own personal knowledge and betterment, I would like to know how to get a backup of a database from a rescue system so I can pass this knowledge on and hopefully help people a little bit.

--
Michael Lazin

to gar auto estin noein te kai ennai