Brad on 10 Jul 2013 04:44:21 -0700

Re: [PLUG] https Certificates Question

The difference between the various price points for SSL certs is determined by the features which are enabled on that cert. For example, a basic SSL web server cert (usually cheap or free), is different than the cert used to sign software or perform other types of signing/encryption features (this is the $250+ price point). For a web server, you just need the basic cert though you can get certs with higher levels of encryption for more money if you are more security conscious. Read through the features and you should start to see some differences, though for what your doing, the basic web server cert should be fine.

I've used www.comodo.com for my web server cert (through namecheap.com).