Christopher Ochsenreither on 12 Jul 2013 13:53:27 -0700
[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]
- From: Christopher Ochsenreither <email@example.com>
- To: "Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: [PLUG] repair MBR
- Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2013 16:53:17 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=9ago4Hllzd9mAzmDSI1c2OVzbyW3Llxn+ywAAjYjTUo=; b=FOkFCp7k3Ld/alWH0Ib0pVI7EpUhdHdRZiorNocR4JEkir1Ne3rC21X7RfrZnyuiO8 GdyDPi3U0i8AHntOFdPy3S+GkDIgcNJDWe0LpYmWgce+gk0Y5b5Wtqe/QDD+BBQq5+c+ /1+iTq8YW1jgGtQGWreuPOQQsUOWjtQzCLQdCDyH6V7AJtmKjyVhLCkfiI4aTvkJMm30 kq7i/gSN+r8dNdEsN/PybHnXUY29I9NPbOxyoNmRRwM1CpvVrFKPHdjDQrPhJyZgKISX AmTYvTKuFSnACfRiE1EZF8X4zdhuZ/VIetBtOQTCJHcdnOjnfYm5erlTUv0hyhfH5Wly MRpQ==
- Reply-to: Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List <email@example.com>
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
I had Windows 7 and Ubuntu installed on a single hard drive. I removed the Ubuntu partitions and grub2 partition and moved the Windows recovery partition forward followed by the Windows 7 partition. I then deleted the partitions, which were named sda2 and sda3 and created partitions sda1 and sda2 over the same blocks of the hard drive. Now when I boot the computer it gives a prompt GRUB Rescue > or something like that (I'm not at work right now).
Should I just move the partitions back and re-install grub2 or should I use another MBR repair disc? Our outsourced IT company wants to charge us $210 on top of their service visit fee to re-install windows.
I'm 99.9% sure that the NTFS Windows 7 partitions are fine.
Philadelphia Linux Users Group -- http://www.phillylinux.org
Announcements - http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug-announce
General Discussion -- http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug