Will on 12 Jul 2013 14:09:16 -0700

Re: [PLUG] repair MBR

I would drop in a windows disk and run "Fix MBR". When I first tried dual booting with Suse 11 it worked like a charm to fix my screw up.

-Will C

On Jul 12, 2013 4:53 PM, "Christopher Ochsenreither" <c.g.ochsenreither@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all,

I had Windows 7 and Ubuntu installed on a single hard drive. I removed the Ubuntu partitions and grub2 partition and moved the Windows recovery partition forward followed by the Windows 7 partition. I then deleted the partitions, which were named sda2 and sda3 and created partitions sda1 and sda2 over the same blocks of the hard drive. Now when I boot the computer it gives a prompt GRUB Rescue > or something like that (I'm not at work right now).

Should I just move the partitions back and re-install grub2 or should I use another MBR repair disc? Our outsourced IT company wants to charge us $210 on top of their service visit fee to re-install windows.

I'm 99.9% sure that the NTFS Windows 7 partitions are fine.

Thanks,
Chris