Sam Gleske on 16 Jul 2013 19:33:29 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Home automation

On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 10:14 PM, Rich Freeman <r-plug@thefreemanclan.net> wrote:
I wouldn't recommend this if your goal really is to completely code
your own thermostat with multiple sensors/etc, but the Ecobee Smart SI
now has a public API.  It is dependent on a cloud-based service to
fully function, but that service has an API if you want to tie into
it.  I have one and can vouch that it works quite well on its own (it
does a really good job with critically damping my hydronic heating
system which more traditional thermostats cause multiple degree
overshoots with).

I'm interested in the graphing metrics from the API using something like rrdtool.  Can you pull temperature data from the API calls?