john boris on 15 Aug 2013 12:30:49 -0700

[PLUG] Help with Xubuntu and xfce on Acer aspire

I am looking for some good help docs for Xubuntu and xfce. I have an Acer Aspire with Xubuntu (I believe it is 10.04 ) Xfce is 4.6.1.

I have it installed and connected to my Flat Panel LCD through the HDMI port. I need to do two things:

1. Get the desktop to display correctly. Right now it is too large for the screen. I have tried to change the resolution but the screen gets smaller but I still can't see the menu bar at the top.

2. After I get #1 resolved I want to get the sound to work through that HDMI cable.

The end result is for my Granddaughter to use this when she comes over. She is 6 and I want to start working with her with Scratch and also get her away from my main unit to keep peace on the home front when my wife has to watch her.

Thanks in advance to any pointers.

--
John J. Boris, Sr.
Online Services