john boris on 15 Aug 2013 12:30:49 -0700
[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]
[PLUG] Help with Xubuntu and xfce on Acer aspire
- From: john boris <email@example.com>
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: [PLUG] Help with Xubuntu and xfce on Acer aspire
- Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 15:30:41 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=f4iZl8vtNeaepo8ZPAQvf97KaraIpc6qcmFneL94ZXo=; b=rL/aZWKWxKsCtOuUKkytsDARpzJuYYSiimViJXiwfugE82ZRH1u8M0NxtseT37NWt9 +kCvU3SZzpKpJhuAQYusjsS1lk59td+6gXa9qgdYhmB6CNHbiFBzJiSqskFSB6GfSblV iCj5CrQCCYL+gTyB7XpQo+RFU1uOgNBWTJz6e7f+wuHAotAkpsYF6IWtxn10aATDBics dPEMIT20glHWlDN2fqzFBWgT1/2Pq9wAqr7rjF3Cy36rPcv3gRdZSEPxcmR+BCJvjEWs Kq0LN+Gif9JIVsP9kl46pMogXE3xwyVzjHuw4iWtJT0pbdPi0B6alddg+7A7N54nzwge 3l3w==
- Reply-to: Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List <email@example.com>
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
I am looking for some good
help docs for Xubuntu and xfce. I have an Acer Aspire with Xubuntu (I
believe it is 10.04 ) Xfce is 4.6.1.
I have it installed and connected to my Flat Panel LCD through the HDMI port. I need to do two things:
1. Get the desktop to display correctly. Right now it is too large for
the screen. I have tried to change the resolution but the screen gets
smaller but I still can't see the menu bar at the top.
2. After I get #1 resolved I want to get the sound to work through that HDMI cable.
The end result is for my Granddaughter to use this when she comes over.
She is 6 and I want to start working with her with Scratch and also get
her away from my main unit to keep peace on the home front when my wife
has to watch her.
Thanks in advance to any pointers.
John J. Boris, Sr.
Philadelphia Linux Users Group -- http://www.phillylinux.org
Announcements - http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug-announce
General Discussion -- http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug