Aubrey Jones on 15 Aug 2013 15:03:53 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Help with Xubuntu and xfce on Acer aspire

1) Are you sure that it's mirroring the display, and not adding an
additional display to your configuration? That is, is the LCD being
added to the left or right of the built-in monitor? What graphics chip
is in it, and what utility are you using to configure the screen? Or
are you writing xorg.conf?

2) Under Pulse Audio Volume Control, go to Configuration. Assuming
everything had been detected properly, you should find two devices.
One is like "Built-In Audio" and the other should mention HDMI or
"High Definition" or "Video Connection" or something like that... make
sure that's turned on. You can then go to Output Devices, and click
the little green checkmark on the HDMI device (makes it "fallback" or
default). If that doesn't work, then go back to Configuration and
*disable* the built-in audio. This should force everything through the
HDMI port.
--

Aubrey R. Jones
Director: Mark of the Old Ones