Rich Freeman on 2 Oct 2013 06:24:47 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Any speakers for October?

On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 9:59 PM, Paul L. Snyder <plsnyder@drexel.edu> wrote:
> You're quite right, the second Tuesday of October will be the 8th, not the
> 15th.
>
> Which means we need a speaker one week earlier.  Tag, you're it!

I don't mind talking about my backup strategy a little.  I'm doing
online backups of my linux system via duplicity and disk-based backups
via rsnapshot.  If I went REALLY fast either of those could be a 5-min
lightning talk.  They could probably be comfortably expanded to
upwards of 20min combined if I talked just a bit about strategy, and
at a slightly more relaxed pace.

So that is two possible 5-min talks, or up to 20min of combined talk
if you need to fill more time.  Both are pretty easy to set up once
you know what you're doing and don't involve fancy servers/etc.

Rich