Will on 12 Jan 2014 06:40:05 -0800

Re: [PLUG] I2C Bus Length

20 to 50 ft is an acceptable distance for I2C. When in doubt just lower the value of the resistors used to pull up the voltage on the bus to about 1k for longer wire runs. When doing longer runs, consider shielding the wires to reduce outside interference.

If you want to extend your distance for I2C, there are tricks where the data lines can run through a differential transceiver and the clock line goes through some tristate buffer but that is a bit much for most people.

-Will C