Isaac Bennetch on 19 Jan 2014 13:02:31 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Signed GPG keys but still can't send mail

On 1/18/14 6:12 PM, Michael Schultheiss wrote:
> Isaac Bennetch wrote:
>> So I've got issues trying to use GPG. It all started when I went to a
>> keysigning party several months ago. I came back and, following the
>> suggestions of the keysigning party host, used the "caff" tool to sign
>> the keys of the other folks there.
>
> Keys signed by caff are stored in ~/.caff/keys/$DATESIGNED
>
> You'll need to import those signed keys into your keyring to show your
> signatures locally.

Thanks, somehow that was left out of the instructions I was using.

However, my problem still remains.

gpg --list-sigs AAAAAAAA | grep Isaac

Initially showed nothing, so I ran gpg --import $file for each of
~/.caff/keys/$DATE/*.asc, with some promising results scrolling past.
Now gpg --list-sigs AAAAAAAA } grep Isaac lists me as having signed his
key. Looks great, at least to me. However, both Enigmail and the gpg
command line tool continue to give the same warnings (in the
command-line case it's "There is no assurance this key belongs to the
named user" and so on).

So...Michael's answer was helpful, but I still have problems. So, any
more ideas?