Carl Johnson on 28 Jan 2014 08:41:06 -0800
[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]
- From: Carl Johnson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- To: PLUG <email@example.com>
- Subject: [PLUG] VoIP stuff...
- Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2014 11:40:15 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:from:date:message-id:subject:to:content-type; bh=KOlSdvFiaUYqrqp/DA2XzVz2Qpnbj3UueA4XQu+uJ3o=; b=yDjkXrhz5du9+unfLmr28zEp95UxceGxTcIb5/SQtKySYO/4qk8vD/guNr8jGtLkJi InHZZNiQH90jmA6+C30QpsbBl0uDpf30v1Ks0jdDlS+kLNI9AHa68y3O5/lpqM2wc4qT SXV4VAcl/I4IfwWT5NYcnslUCU/tG7MZHuBJ5xHimApGICVYtGAfngBVz0g31S75WVnD uTfCzmCMcFMuev1IvXVCduC8AVu/AHcpSninCKFJq4nEoHV3jBUI71M6GLAmpNuiteG7 qeEDq7PG/LpVHBzhXS6cwMB3pSOmbwJkgeIZI1nrjaUdpaiJLzV7DEiDgVFH0qcgcbcB zKjw==
- Reply-to: Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: "plug" <email@example.com>
I've been tasked with updating/upgrading an old (1985-ish vintage) phone system in a small office of 15-20 people. I have everything to do this is ready to go on a network/cabling/VLAN level. Now the hard part.......
1. I'm gonna' build an i3/entry level Xeon box and maybe run PiAF/trixbox on it. Thoughts?
2. I vaguely remember someone (Rachael was it??) telling me about a place in manayunk that sells VoIP phones and stuff. I've forgotten the name of it. Can anyone refresh my memory?
3. Other than (2), can anyone recommend a place where I could buy/try/touch/see different IP phone's for this project? If possible, I'd prefer it to be local to the philly area since we may need to try out several phones before I find one everyone in the place can agree on. I'm trying to avoid unnecessary shipping/handling/re-stocking headaches by going this route.
4. In place now -- a few linksys ATA's feeding POTS lines into the existing phone system, using a couple different VoIP providers. Since the providers they're using now don't support SIP trunks I may present Vitelity and/or Anveo as cheaper or more consolidated options. Thoughts?
5. If they decide not to go with trunk(s), I should be able to replace the linksys ATA's with asterisk/PiAF right?
Constructive flames/tar/feathers welcome. Thanks in advance for your input.......
Philadelphia Linux Users Group -- http://www.phillylinux.org
Announcements - http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug-announce
General Discussion -- http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug