Louis Kratz on 9 Mar 2014 10:33:06 -0700

[PLUG] Encrypting Sensitive Personal Information In the Cloud?

Hey Pluggers,
  It's tax time, and my system of storing tax information is grossly antiquated.

I'm looking for a way to store tax documents encrypted in the cloud. I access this data once a year, but don't want to store it on site in case of disk failure etc etc.

Does anyone do this now, and if so, what kind of services/encryption software do you use? I'd like something with version control, if possible, so I can add new year's data without the risk of corrupting old ones. I am looking for something a little more user-friendly than gpging a file and dumping it on s3.

Forgive me if I am asking something already discussed. I searched the archives but didn't see anything regarding this issue.

Lou