Paul L. Snyder on 9 Mar 2014 12:07:21 -0700

[PLUG] [plug-announce] PLUG North, Tue, Mar 11, 2014 - "btrfs" by Rich Freeman (at CoreDial in Blue Bell, 7pm)

This month, PLUG North will feature a talk by Gentoo developer and
long-time PLUG member Rich Freeman, who will be presenting a talk on btrfs,
a next-generation filesystem for Linux.

>From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Btrfs

  Btrfs is a GPL-licensed experimental copy-on-write file system for Linux.
  Development began at Oracle Corporation in 2007. It is still in heavy
  development and marked as unstable, especially since when the filesystem
  becomes full, no-space conditions arise which might make it challenging
  to delete files.

  Btrfs is intended to address the lack of pooling, snapshots, checksums,
  and integral multi-device spanning in Linux file systems, these features
  being crucial as Linux use scales upward into the larger storage
  configurations common in enterprise.

Come and talk with other Linux users about Free and Open Source Software!
Never been to a meeting before?  New to Linux?  Please help us plan an
series of new-user-friendly talks.

The meeting will take place on Tuesday, March 11, from 7-9pm (7-8
General Q&A, 8-9 Presentation) at CoreDial in Blue Bell, PA.

  CoreDial (http://www.coredial.com/)

   1787 Sentry Parkway West
   Suite 100 (Building 16)
   Blue Bell, PA 19422

Directions and other information are on our website:

   http://www.phillylinux.org/locations/coredial.html

We request that you RSVP at rsvp@phillylinux.org if you intend on coming
so we have some idea of how many to expect, but it is not required.