JP Vossen on 25 Mar 2014 12:05:34 -0700

Re: [PLUG] check for a file being transmitted via ftp

> On 03/25/2014 02:34 PM, Tom McCurdy, Jr. wrote:
>> You could use MD5SUM to help verify the integrity of the file you're downloading.

On 03/25/2014 02:47 PM, Eric at Lucii.org wrote:
This is a novel (and excellent!) idea.  I'll have to look into it.
Since the MD5 sum could conceivably be sent after the main file it
would also act as a trigger file.

Yeah, just stick the hash value in the 'im_done' file.

While I'm guilty of this myself, out of habit, we should really NOT be using MD5 anymore, it has been weak and broken for years. Using at least SHA256 is much better. I realize in this case it's not that important, but we all need to get out of the MD5 habit...

Later,
JP