JP Vossen on 9 Apr 2014 16:42:14 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Insights on DMARC?

On 04/08/2014 01:19 AM, Douglas Muth wrote:
On Mon, Apr 7, 2014 at 9:29 PM, Paul L. Snyder <paul@pataprogramming.com>wrote:

So, DMARC is here, and it's going to be breaking things (potentially
including the PLUG list).  Thanks to JP for the heads-up.

   http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf/current/msg87153.html

The above message seems to recommend that we should suspend posting
privileges for all yahoo.com addresses, in order to avoid massive bouncing
and inconvenience all around, and that users with such addresses should
be advised to find a new mail account for mailing-list use.

The official DMARC FAQ addresses this very scenario:

http://dmarc.org/faq.html#s_3

Now will Mailman strip DKIM headers or re-compute DKIM headers?  As of the
last time I ran a Mailman list, it did not. :-(

And it hit Slashdot:

Later,
JP