Rich Freeman on 17 Apr 2014 17:49:45 -0700

Re: [PLUG] two window managers

On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 7:58 PM, Casey Bralla <MailList@nerdworld.org> wrote:
> This should be relatively simple.  Just create separate .xinitrc files in each
> user's home directories.   The last line of .xinitrc should be the command to
> start the window manager of their choice.

That would work.

Most display managers also let you pick the desktop environment you
want when you log in as well.  It seems like LightDM is the future
direction for display managers and I imagine it would let you pick the
desktop environment / window manager per-user.

Rich