Rich Freeman on 26 Apr 2014 17:12:59 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Linux for Mac

On Sat, Apr 26, 2014 at 8:01 PM, Kevin McAllister <kevin@mcallister.ws> wrote:
> You'll also need to download the Apple Dev tools to use that because their
> dev tools come with their compiler, etc.  I think you can download the
> command line tools independently, but just grabbing and running XCode free
> through the App Store and telling it to put in the command line tools does
> this too.

Unless something has changed, I believe you also need XCode to build
Gentoo Prefix.

Oh, one limitation of Gentoo Prefix is that in general you're stuck
with the system libc.  Depending on how old it is, that can be a
significant limitation.  I know that there were efforts made as part
of GSoC to get Prefix working with a Gentoo glibc.  However, that
effort was focused on Android, and thus it probably targeted a linux
system call interface.  I don't know the status of it offhand and
whether it can be made to work under OSX.

Rich