Marty Lamb on 16 May 2014 11:28:38 -0700

[PLUG] Looking for a Linux System Administrator / Test Engineer (Downingtown)

Hello, PLUG.

Rajant (http://rajant.com) is looking for a full-time Linux SysAdmin /
Test Engineer in Downingtown to help support development and QA for our
wireless mesh networking products.

Some Rajant background:

 | Rajant Corporation enables secure communications-on-the-move through
 | a portable meshed wireless network that can rapidly reconfigure and
 | adapt in real-time. Rajant's BreadCrumb Wireless solutions provide
 | networks for Military, Mining, Oil & Gas, Homeland Security, First
 | Responders, Telecommunications Service Providers and Public Safety
 | and provide voice and data communications across a meshed,
 | self-healing network.

The work environment is casual and fun and the product technology is
bleeding edge.  In addition to maintaining development infrastructure
you'll be finding new ways to break our products before our customers
do.  If you are interested and think you might be a fit, please shoot me
an email with a resume.

Please also feel free to ask any questions you might have as well.

Job description is below.

Best Regards,

Marty Lamb
Rajant Corp.
484-595-0233 x409

----

Linux System Administrator / Test Engineer

Location: Downingtown, PA

Primary responsibilities:  Serve as the primary administrator of systems
supporting our development team (source control, ticketing, wiki, build
server, office network, etc.)  Maintain systems as required (backup,
monitoring, CVE tracking, etc.) to ensure security and high
availability.  Develop and maintain installation and configuration
procedures.  Research, recommend, and implement innovative and automated
approaches to administrative tasks to constantly improve systems and
processes.

Secondary responsibilities:  Support Lead Test Engineer and assist with
product testing efforts for wireless mesh networking devices and
associated software.  Automate tests wherever possible.  Methodically
exercise and abuse our products and analyze results.  Work with
development team to resolve/retest discovered issues.  Follow and
improve test procedures to ensure high-quality product releases.

Knowledge/Skills
  - Four years of Linux system / network administration experience.
  - Solid networking expertise.  You must be able to view and analyze a
    packet capture to resolve issues.
  - Shell scripting (bash, etc.)
  - Excellent analytical and creative problem solving skills.
  - Ability to communicate issues and solutions clearly and effectively.
  - Wireless networking (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac) experience a plus but not
    required.

No regular travel required.

For additional information, please feel free to contact me directly.
You may also find the following links helpful:

  - https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=rajant
  - http://www.rajant.com/company/about-us