Casey Bralla on 5 Jul 2014 15:11:38 -0700
[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]
[PLUG] Boot thru CD to USB
- From: Casey Bralla <MailList@nerdworld.org>
- To: 'PLUG -- Philly Linux Users Group' <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: [PLUG] Boot thru CD to USB
- Date: Sat, 05 Jul 2014 18:11:18 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=comcast.net; s=q20140121; t=1404598283; bh=T9oC5PRGMtYSx1bN7z6BopjEnNOrFjsYD1+tv/1sgBY=; h=Received:Received:Received:Received:Received:From:To:Subject:Date: Message-ID:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=AW/jtcyyCVMRxaWhIQ/8NySxt7G2i37b/JLqW7MFaIASUpkyWLV5SQNjWw5BW/biX qoTrXKq743liEAuNwWAhwBPqzS9oSiK6x8TqxgXmZV2KWDhxY/HbCPfqo4j82SbSqF BWl5rA/4ggLot6PF0dqVMIxw44qYQaebE6rWR7KBizbKZPNNH5p2qL3CmqLq+UK37j Rk1KuXyvy1WM9ykvrSa1kn5589pVylN5b9din5Ev1JoXFxfXNEY3eJaXLqfjrLkNBS csj3BSz0n09hiqa3jugkY7JZUq6XhDRH3zhcwJQ1H1gyxsORmyQrav5yirURVhoe0S jz/fzvWuDo3Ng==
- Organization: The NerdWorld Organisation
- Reply-to: Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List <email@example.com>
- Sender: "plug" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- User-agent: KMail/4.13.2 (Linux/3.15.3-gentoo; KDE/4.13.2; x86_64; ; )
I've got a ton of old PCs lying around, and often find myself needing to boot
to USB drives, but the BIOS on my dinosaurs won't handle booting to USB.
I figure somebody must have developed a bootable CD that allows one to chain
boot to a USB disk. I've searched for these on the web, but must be using the
wrong terms or something because I can't find anything.
Does anybody know of a bootable CD that allows for chain booting to a USB disk
so that I can boot to a USB disk on a computer with an old BIOS?
Chief Nerd in Residence
The NerdWorld Organisation
Philadelphia Linux Users Group -- http://www.phillylinux.org
Announcements - http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug-announce
General Discussion -- http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug