K.S. Bhaskar on 5 Jul 2014 15:30:05 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Boot thru CD to USB

I have never used it, but my friend Google points me to http://www.plop.at/en/bootmanager/index.html

Regards
-- Bhaskar

On Sat, Jul 5, 2014 at 6:11 PM, Casey Bralla <MailList@nerdworld.org> wrote:
I've got a ton of old PCs lying around, and often find myself needing to boot
to USB drives, but the BIOS on my dinosaurs won't handle booting to USB.

I figure somebody must have developed a bootable CD that allows one to chain
boot to a USB disk.  I've searched for these on the web, but must be using the
wrong terms or something because I can't find anything.

Does anybody know of a bootable CD that allows for chain booting to a USB disk
so that I can boot to a USB disk on a computer with an old BIOS?

--

Casey Bralla

Chief Nerd in Residence
The NerdWorld Organisation