Rich Freeman on 25 Sep 2014 08:01:46 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Router Projects and VPNs

On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 11:25 AM, Soren Harward <stharward@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 3:05 PM, Rich Freeman <r-plug@thefreemanclan.net> wrote:
>> I have a Buffalo router that uses DD-WRT currently (though with a
>> heartbleed-vulnerable version of openssl), and was thinking about
>> changing my router setup, possibly including changing firmwares or
>> even implementing another router.
>
> Sorry, I just looked back in this thread and noticed that you've
> already got a Buffalo router.  OpenWrt has had good support for
> Buffalo routers for a long time, and they offer easily flashable
> images with regular updates:
>
> http://downloads.openwrt.org/barrier_breaker/14.07-rc3/ar71xx/generic/
>
> You could wait a little while longer for the final version of Barrier
> Breaker, but I don't think any of the bugs they're trying to fix
> before the final version will affect support for the Buffalo devices.

Thanks.  I just posted on their forums looking for advice whether I
can directly flash a sysupgrade binary from DD-WRT, and I think I'll
try flashing it this weekend.  Plus, that will get rid of my openssl
vulnerability.  :)

--
Rich