Drew Lehman on 27 Sep 2014 06:46:29 -0700

[PLUG] 2 Nics, DHCP and no default gateway

No, not the latest video on YouTube. I was talking with someone about an issue he was having. I have seen it before but never really tried to figure out why it happens.

On a device with 2 or more nics, if the lan nic is not connected at boot you can still get an IP later, it just ignore the default gateway. If you reboot and leave he connection up, it gets the IP and GW fine. I got the impression that it is not a bug, but I'm not sure why it happens.