Lowell Higley on 13 Oct 2014 07:36:31 -0700

[PLUG] WANTED: Linux Architect

Our office is Ewing, NJ (about 4 miles up I95 from Bucks County, PA) and we are actively looking for a Linux Architect.  You'd be working with a team of product managers and developers in development centers in Ewing and Prague.  Mainframe experience would be ideal, but not required. We use agile SCRUM.

JD is below, send me questions or a resume if you're interested.  Beware this a corporate wide, generic JD so it may not be spot on in some places.

Job Overview

This position is responsible for defining the architectural design and technical quality for large groups of products, typically across a Business Unit or major market segment (security, storage, job management, etc.). Responsible for architecture of the most complex projects and to review and improve complex designs.

Key Responsibilities

Work closely with senior management to understand the company's strategic direction and translate into appropriate product architectures and new product lines.

Typical Role Definition

Technical Leadership. Internally recognized as a technical or business contributor. Possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge of multiple fields of technologies to complete significant and complex assignments. Works on complex technical projects or unique business issues requiring state of the art technical knowledge or where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangibles. Known in the department/group as the ‘knowledge base’ of information. May be the in-house expert on specific technologies. May act in a liaison capacity with other organizations. Evaluates progress and results, and recommends major changes in procedures to accomplish tasks. Plans and conducts assignments, and may lead or direct assignments that are generally larger and more important projects, or works on multiple projects at one time. Well-developed leadership qualities enabling mentoring of others. Often contributes to and assists with the review and evaluation of personnel performance.

Job-Specific Authority and Scope

Business Travel and Physical Demands

Business travel of approximately 15 or less percent yearly is expected for this position.

Physical demands:

Preferred Education

Master's Degree or global equivalent in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related discipline. Additional management or leadership training is beneficial.

Work Experience

Typically 12 or more years of experience in software development, Level 2 Support or related field, with a proven track record of product family architecture design. Knowledge of complex low level system level components. Hands on experience on a wide variety of platforms and knowledge of many programming languages, design methods, tools and techniques.

Skills & Competencies

Certifications (recommended but not required)