Greg Helledy on 22 Oct 2014 15:52:07 -0700
[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]
Re: [PLUG] Real (driverless) hardware RAID controller for PC?
- From: Greg Helledy <email@example.com>
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: [PLUG] Real (driverless) hardware RAID controller for PC?
- Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2014 18:51:59 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=simple; d=gra-inc.com; s=MDaemon; t=1414018304; x=1414623104; q=dns/txt; h=Received: Message-ID:Date:From:Organization:User-Agent:MIME-Version:To: Subject:References:In-Reply-To:Content-Type: Content-Transfer-Encoding; bh=2RKor59pCFWEEmytJbzG9OjQ7D2A1wMdeB rMQuxFdPk=; b=emvbDJICbuCf+P7XssTqQnu4WQQSD2yuvSXUDU/xS6lvc0mSRn U4veF6b2gm8VERg4OG/Z0k8mUy1ZOcnIA/QwbdL4+HUQOZuX1E9Q784ovxfofNrs Iy++4HH6gxcy0JriE05ZRayqGcUozTK97zWi3GTAChX8fcfSjsnnw39Y4=
- Organization: GRA, Incorporated
- Reply-to: Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List <email@example.com>
- Sender: "plug" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:31.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/31.2.0
As I'm reading more, it seems that my knowledge is dated. It looks like
software RAID has come a long way, and hardware RAID is not as favored
as it once was (particularly due to the single point of failure problem).
The OS vendor specifically recommends it (software RAID), so I may just
back up the configuration and do a clean install with RAID.
P: +1 215-884-7500
F: +1 215-884-1385
-- NOTICE - This communication may contain confidential and privileged
information that is for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any
viewing, copying of distribution of, or reliance on this message by
unintended recipients is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the
message and deleting it from your computer.
Philadelphia Linux Users Group -- http://www.phillylinux.org
Announcements - http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug-announce
General Discussion -- http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug