Paul Walker on 2 Dec 2014 10:06:49 -0800

[PLUG] best way to update git n Debian 7.3?

I need to update the version of Git (currently 1.7.10.4) I'm running on Debian 7.3, installed via apt-get. After some digging it seems that the currently installed version of git is the latest version available via apt-get.

Specifically, I need to run git-subtree which is not supported by my current version of git.

Any advice on the most sensible way to update to a later version is greatly appreciated!

Paul