We are looking to hire a (primarily Linux) Systems Administrator; see below for the full description. To apply, go here:
This position will primarily manage research groups’ IT infrastructure, including Linux HPC Clusters, servers, applications, and networks, and will provide technical support for the users of these systems.
The School of Engineering’s CETS IT Support team is seeking a Systems Administrator to support a diverse collection of IT resources for SEAS researchers. This position is responsible for configuring, installing, and maintaining Linux servers, research applications, networks, storage, and HPC clusters, and adapt to additional diverse environments. The ideal candidate understands the importance of timely and proper communications with research clients and other support staff, and of adhering to industry technical standards.
This position reports to an experienced HPC Sr. Systems Administrator and will work with the entire collegial CETS team which has great depth and breadth of IT support experience. As you gain experience you will have the opportunity to lead outward projects such as (but not limited to) being a campus XSEDE champion or running HPC workshops.
* A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field and minimum 1 year of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
* Minimum one year experience in Linux systems administration
* Ability to work with faculty, administrators, researchers and other technical staff
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
* Demonstrated experience administering Linux machines
* Demonstrated ability to translate plain English requirements into technical design
* Experience administering multiple machines running Linux, Windows, OSX
* Experience with high performance clusters of computers
* Experience programming in high level scripting language (e.g. Python) and C