john boris on 15 Dec 2014 09:19:18 -0800
[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]
[PLUG] Looking for help with Ubuntu 14.04 on an HP 380 Gen8 server
- From: john boris <email@example.com>
- To: "Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: [PLUG] Looking for help with Ubuntu 14.04 on an HP 380 Gen8 server
- Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2014 12:19:13 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=Ep5DfY2NkUtX0tYLu5OAr/jWAMwZfN8K27JYmThHz8s=; b=wVqbueds1nD59oKfyt6bfgNkwF50gr3Ci96Cs1tl0pWWno4mLI1LClMQIcInYJ+wk/ cKTcY4j1VfAWSO5UwqdVXkV8XvKYylgVKy0vqrA7SGNV7UzxnkiSFz+wdvaOeDxxf0nA 3gNf9ZPt9aeScHeyrAuOGAa09LP5UNKkbMOZtMb1oedByFm1C0P5zk2j2JlOcT4IpelK ST+BcFLWW0swQUjpc5SzQY0Of6O7OJl2nHABpEdfAAZnbr/NPUHPHbdfOa5bzwZQCF8C C1cbsMpRww3oki1Ogrfn9en9yAys5zLJl3n7Moyw2rEQRStK/6ppbbENSwPdwO+M1TWh aKtQ==
- Reply-to: Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List <email@example.com>
- Sender: "plug" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
I have a an HP 380 Gen 8 Server I am using to hos my VMs using VirtualBox Instances. I was running Ubuntu 14.04 LTS on it but was having some issues. I upgraded the OS to 14.04.1 and now I no longer have a Desktop. I need the GUI desktop to run the Vbox Manager. I need to have the consoles available just for debugging purposes. The Guest OS are Legacy SCO boxes. I prototyped this on an older HP server under 10.x LTS and also protyped things on the 14.04 on this new server. It seems Unity is broken with my current configuration. I am wondering if anyone else out there has run into this or has some suggestions. This entire setup is to hold my Legacy systems as we move to a new SIS here at $WORK. It will also be a production setup for at least a year. HP says 14.04 will work (which it does ) but they say 14.04.1 they don't fully support yet.
Any pointers would be appreciated.
Philadelphia Linux Users Group -- http://www.phillylinux.org
Announcements - http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug-announce
General Discussion -- http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug