Paul Jungwirth on 22 Dec 2014 08:03:31 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Issuing a cert from OpenSSL without a CSR from the client

I don't see why it shouldn't work. Just provide the appropriate domain
name for the CSR. These are my notes on SSL certs:

  Generate a Private Key:
    openssl genrsa ‐des3 ‐out server.pass.key 2048

  Remove passphrase from key:
    openssl rsa ‐in server.pass.key ‐out server.key

  Generate a CSR:
    openssl req ‐new ‐key server.key ‐out server.csr

Then once you have a signed cert you'll need to update the private
key. Or if you can find the existing private key, use that and skip
the first two steps above.

Good luck!

Paul