Lee H. Marzke on 22 Dec 2014 10:09:04 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Verizon FiOS Business Internet Questions

I also have Verizon FIOS business with 5 static IP's .   No complaints other
than the installation process.
Every 2 years the bill seems to go up , until you threaten to move to Comcast.

I also run one SMTP server internally, but relay though an external SMTP that
handles most of my regular email.

One thing,  I do NOT use the supplied router/bridge.  From the ONT box, I connect
directly to a Cisco access port and add a VLAN tag that routes it
into my Firewall (virtual pfSense) on VMware.    I pass the DMZ and Internal
segments back out on VLAN's to the house/office.

Works great.   Even Amazon Fire stick over Wifi and through the virtual pfSense
firewall has no problems or hesitations.

I did run my UPS power back to the switches  and Verizon ONT so they seldom
see power outages.

Lee