Walt Mankowski on 20 Jan 2015 12:49:42 -0800

Re: [PLUG] systemd presentation

Paul and I (mostly Paul, to be honest) are the website managers these
days.  It's not very sophisticated setup.  It's just a bunch of static
HTML and images that is "managed" via subversion.  I don't know what
the backend is like, but at the very least that 4 GB file would have
to live in the svn repo as well as on our local machines.  My home
Comcast connection is fine for most things, but sending and receiving
a 4 GB file will still take a while for me. That might not be a big
deal for one file, but if this starts becoming more common than it's
not going to scale well, and putting it onto Youtube seems like the
way to go.

I don't have the slightest idea how to go about setting up a PLUG
channel, so if someone else would like to go ahead and do that -- and
it sounded like we had a few near-volunteers -- that would be awesome.

Walt