Paul Walker on 1 Feb 2015 06:36:48 -0800
[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]
Re: [PLUG] Article on 'cyberwarfare'
- From: Paul Walker <email@example.com>
- To: "Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: [PLUG] Article on 'cyberwarfare'
- Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2015 09:36:42 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; bh=AgDrbYH1oqbWBUj6LiMfSRyPXRqLoquKI4VaM7ejd6w=; b=uq+Kh/4vQ/qLw83PZaegfTM6h0Me2BopdCrqRRAFku3liJYbZUlkqwk+KOuwDXAeRA CmKglaKesQQx56SJrjKZ5kc3NObQK0O9KUYUBNYMYFZyCGIpdBu7wY6T0CzNWkWHcUlq S2zvkRc29PuhLvPYE+DPohIVyoglnmbiYJxYzflnL+pWpVBskR6X6FUwsY519j6U3J68 VmTAWLFWQGb4pwYzAY8avFhEPPYDfxvDh79FKWBh+0ZnSJeq98uDpClM4h4EeBEBbJYY ybZ/U1fZC5D9FcerKQaHup/1hvieMQNPb2yBOZhCFnscAm+3A7bpJCK8dW/AwIlCIFCO EHdg==
- Reply-to: Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List <email@example.com>
- Sender: "plug" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
I posted the article to try and prompt a conversation, but the conversation that ensued seems to address a different topic - not so much the idea of war taking place on the internet. Instead we seem to be discussing the idea of crime on the internet.
I'm curious about the implications of state and / or other powerful actors using the internet as a staging ground for large scale attacks against other nation states, powerful actors, or large groups of people, as well as the implications of states using the internet against the interest of their own people. An example of the first category being Stuxnet or (perhaps?) the Sony exploits, while the second category is well-exemplified by surveillance practices brought to light by the Snowden leaks.
Philadelphia Linux Users Group -- http://www.phillylinux.org
Announcements - http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug-announce
General Discussion -- http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug