Morgan Jones on 18 Feb 2015 13:45:13 -0800

Re: [PLUG] PLUG West - "systemd: The Anti-BusyBox" by Rich Freeman

I was similarly surprised at how rudimentary PC-BSD was when I tried it a few years ago.  I’ve used FreeBSD mostly as a ZFS backed afp server for several years and Linux could stand to learn a few things about consistency and unity from FreeBSD.  Whenever I work on my FreeBSD machine I am relieved by the consistent, unified documentation and polite, low drama user community.  My work is pretty much all Linux but I’d use more FreeBSD if I were in a position to do so.  I have my gripes about how they do updates/patching and there are a few BSD-isms that confuse me (probably in part out of ignorance) so it’s not all roses but it’s definitely something I’d encourage anyone interested in ZFS or Linux alternatives to look into.

-morgan