Greg Helledy on 10 Mar 2015 12:33:26 -0700

[PLUG] Child Proofing my Home Network

I was looking into using one of a few different lists, either in something like dansguardian or in a namefile, on the gateway.

However, if you're really doing it to block ads, as opposed to restricting access by minors, it's easy to use the Adblock Plus plugin on end-user devices.
I have mine set to block content from the EasyList:
https://easylist.adblockplus.org/en/
and also a list of known malware domains:
http://www.malwaredomains.com/?page_id=2

There are other lists available, to block social media tracking, for example.

Using this plus one of the "safe" DNS services is easy and maintains itself. Hopefully it's enough.

--
Greg Helledy
GRA, Incorporated

-- NOTICE - This communication may contain confidential and privileged
information that is for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any
viewing, copying of distribution of, or reliance on this message by
unintended recipients is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the
message and deleting it from your computer.