Paul L. Snyder on 13 Mar 2015 11:59:42 -0700

[PLUG] (fwd) Intro to Open Source event seeking mentors. Swarthmore College.

----- Forwarded message from Shawn Pan <shawn.pan2330@gmail.com> -----

Hello, I'm help organizing an "intro to open source" event at Swarthmore
College and we're looking for volunteer mentors. I was hoping you could
send the following information to your members. Please let me know if you
have any questions.   best, Shawn   * On Saturday, March 21st, we're
running an event introducing students to free and open source software.
We???re looking for volunteers who are interested in helping out! The event
runs from 10am-5pm, with lunch provided. You can find out more about the
event series here: <http://campus.openhatch.org/>. We're looking for people
to help mentor attendees as they learn how to contribute to open source
projects. Instructors with a variety of backgrounds are welcome: while it's
great if you have tons of experience using git and setting up development
environments, we're also looking for people who've been involved with open
source as non-programmers, who know a bit about picking bugs and submitting
patches, or who just like to talk about their experiences with open source.
   If any of this sounds appealing to you, and you're available on the
21st, you can sign up here: <https://events.openhatch.org/>. Also, feel
free to introduce yourself in our mentor forum here:
http://discourse.openhatch.org/t/swarthmore-openhatch-mentor-introductions-thread/126.
If you're interested but not available, I can put you on a list of
potential volunteers to contact when we next run an event in the area. Feel
free to pass this along to others in the area who you think might be
interested, and email me if you have any questions (xpan1@swarthmore.edu).
  best, Shawn

----- End forwarded message -----