Kyle Yankanich on 13 Mar 2015 12:03:46 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Fwd: Philadelphia Hacker Group hardware donation

Hey Hunter, I would absolutely love to grab 2 of those Serial Terminals to put to use (assuming they can fit in a car?). I'll also ask around the hackerspace to see if anyone else is interested.

Thanks for trying to find old hardware good homes.

-Kyle Yankanich
http://hive76.org
Publicist

On Fri, Mar 13, 2015 at 3:02 PM, Kyle Yankanich <kyleyankanich@gmail.com> wrote:
Hey Hunter, I would absolutely love to grab 2 of those Serial Terminals to put to use (assuming they can fit in a car?). I'll also ask around the hackerspace to see if anyone else is interested.

Thanks for trying to find old hardware good homes.

On Fri, Mar 13, 2015 at 2:59 PM, Paul L. Snyder <plsnyder@drexel.edu> wrote:
----- Forwarded message from hunter hutchinson <hunter.hutchinson@gmail.com> -----

From: hunter hutchinson <hunter.hutchinson@gmail.com>
Subject: Fwd: Philadelphia Hacker Group hardware donation
To: Paul Snyder <paul@pataprogramming.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2015 13:09:41 -0500

I recently moved home to Louisiana.  I am trying to sell my house in
Fishtown/Philadelphia.
I have a significant amount of antique/old computer hardware that I need to
give to somebody.  I would prefer that it goes to somebody who would have
some sort of use for it rather than see it go to a scrapper.

What I have:

   - 12+ Sun Sparc "pizza box" workstations.  in various states, none
   running.  Sparc 5, 10 and 20 (not ultra sparc).
   - 12+ HP-UX "pizza box" workstations.
   - a lot (15+) of at/atx and rackmount PC cases.  I was mainly planning
   to use the sheet metal for robotics projects.  it wasn't worth it to move
   this stuff.  Quite a number of 1u rackmount cases.

*Now what I really want to see go preferably to a hacker space/group *is
about *15+ AT&T/Teletype Hardcopy Serial Terminals*.  These were bought new
in a lot from a US Military Auction.  We have manuals, power cables and in
some cases cartridges.  These are *really* cool and i would be very sad to
see them thrown away.  These would be great for your twitter feed or daily
news printouts.  but you can also hook up a serial keyboard to them (which
i don't have, you'd probably have to make your own) and use it as a serial
terminal.  Mostly metal body, the last production line to bear the Teletype
Corp moniker.  These could also be used by a mixed-media artist for a very
cool piece.

I will be in Philly March 16-21 and could meet somebody at the house to
load into their vehicle.

Thanks,
Hunter.
267 251 4718