Casey Bralla on 19 Apr 2015 12:09:02 -0700

[PLUG] Follow-Up: Universal Programmable Remote Control

A while ago, I asked for recommendations for programmable remote controls.
You may recall that I wanted something programmable to replace the cornucopia
of remotes on my coffee table, and allow my wife to select cable, smart tv, etc
with relative ease.  (I also wanted something geeky that I could "work" with)

Several folks recommended the Harmony remotes, which is what I got.   Despite
the fact that it is 100% closed, it's pretty cool.  The windows-only software
runs in VirtualBox without any trouble, and the device does exactly what I
wanted it to do.  The programming was very simple, but still powerful enough
to allow for customization.
--

Casey Bralla

Chief Nerd in Residence