JP Vossen on 21 Apr 2015 12:45:18 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Arch Linux presentation @ PLUG West 2015-04-20

On 04/21/2015 03:30 PM, JP Vossen wrote:
> On 04/21/2015 02:34 PM, Keith C. Perry wrote:
>> Jason Plum's Arch Linux presentation has been posted on our G+ page
>> (which is public to view).  Links to slides are included.
>>
>> https://plus.google.com/u/0/+KeithCPerry/posts/Bhbjxvv9PU6
>
> Thanks to Jason for a great and compelling presentation on Arch Linux
> and to Keith for recording and posting!
>
> Before the preso we also talked about:
> * https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DNF_%28software%29: "DNF or Dandified
> Yum is the next generation version of the Yellowdog Updater, Modified
> (yum), a package manager for RPM-based distributions. DNF was introduced
> in Fedora 18, and is proposed to replace yum in Fedora 22."
> * http://tinycorelinux.net/ for building really small special purpose VMs.
>
> Interesting/see also:
> * https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arch_linux
> * https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Pacman_Rosetta
> * https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antergos
> * https://archassault.org/
> * https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiny_Core_Linux
> * http://tinycorelinux.net/book.html

Oh, I forgot.  Last week at PLUG N after Paden's very cool LVM preso  we
were talking about _In the Beginning was the Command Line_ by Neal
Stephenson.  If you have not read it run, do not walk, to
http://www.cryptonomicon.com/beginning.html and download it.  My dead
tree version is about 150 pages, but the print is big and it's
hysterical.  All of Stephenson's stuff is great, though much is quite
dense (in a good way, but light reading it ain't).  _Zodiac_ is pretty
light and lots of fun, especially if you like organic chemistry.

Later,
JP